Wednesday 24 July 2013

Day 10 - Arras, Notre Dame de Lorette and Vimy Ridge

Today I took a day of rest at the home of Jean & Anne Jung, who I'd like to Thank once again for their hospitality and generosity!

I visited the beautiful city of Arras, with it's Flemish architecture and winding cobbled streets.




I also had the privilege to visit the French war memorial of Norte-Dame de Lorette, the Canadian memorial at Vimly Ridge and a Polish monument commemorating all those who lost their lives during the Great War. It's astonishing how many lost their loved ones during those troubled times.
I'm so grateful that I get to live in a time of freedom and peace.








1 comment:

  1. I wish Iwere there!I told you already that your dadusiek was there 10 day ago. One of the wreaths he left there!

    ReplyDelete