Friday 9 August 2013

Day 27 - Langres

Located at the southern gates of Champagne and northern gates of Burgundy, Langres is a real fortress with 12 towers and 7 gates. Though it grew through centuries it somehow adapted and managed to keep all of it's fortification giving it the biggest fortified complete surrounding wall in Europe!
This city is also the birthplace of Denis Diderot (French Philosopher) and Jeanne Mance (one of the founders of Montréal). Though walking in to the city is a tough uphill climb, I'm glad I broke a sweat and got to experience this gemstone of a town.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my wonderful friend Justin Gerhard Friesen, for his generous support. Your contribution has made this adventure a reality and your friendship has given me more then you can ever imagine. THANK YOU!




No comments:

Post a Comment