Wednesday 4 September 2013

Day 53 - Pavia

As I walked into the city of Pavia I knew that the evening would not be restful for I wanted to see all the sites.


Filled with beautiful churches and an amazing Cathedral that has the third largest dome in Italy I was in for quite a treat.


I also took the time to take in the grandeur of the Castello Visconte, which was once a private residence and is now home to the Musei Civici.


With it's medieval towers in the background Pavia is also home to one of the most ancient universities is Europe, founded in 1361 and still thriving today.


I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Neil Semer for his generous support. Your contribution helped me get and amazing night's rest in my very own room and my very own comfy bed in a lovely B&B in Pavia. I feel I've gotten some much needed beauty sleep and am ready for the tough days ahead, THANK YOU !!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment