Wednesday 11 September 2013

Day 58 - Fidenza

I arrived early in this beautiful town, knowing I wanted to experience as much as I could before heading off to my next destination.


As I walked through the Porte Romane I thought of all the pilgrims that had walked through them before me and how incredible it is that though centuries have gone by they are still there welcoming everyone that enters the city.


As I walked past the stunning Lombard-Romanesqe cathedral dedicated to St. Domninus of Fidenza, I noticed the apostle Simon Peter pointing in the direction of Rome, letting me know I'm steadily approaching the long awaited eternal city.


After a hot shower and delicious lunch I enjoyed the rest of the afternoon reading and relaxing on the beautiful piazza centrale, resting my tired feet before the long walk ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment